I. can. not. believe I have a three year old!? Say what?! (well...and the fact that I'm teetering on the HILL..the big 3-0). Aubs has seriously grown into a "big boy" this year. So many new things he is doing for himself. Changing clothes, using the potty, putting his shoes on, washing his hands, sleeping in a "big boy bed"... He has so many funny sayings..."you're my best cool dude", "see-rul"(cereal), "good as new", "fire trucks are sleeping" (when they are in the garage), "...yes-tur-dayee"(yesterday), "thats a good idea". He is very good at communicating with us. He often doesn't stop talking. I wish I could record some of the things he says to remember how funny and silly he is!
![]() |
| Another first, a bloody nose..from wrestling with Daddy! I think Dad and Aubs were proud of this! |
He has learned a lot this year. I will find him singing some song while he plays that they sing at school. Or he will sing a hymn or song from BSF or church. I love to hear him sing "hal-le-lu-vah, hal-le-lu-vah your love makes me sing...". Another favorite is Trust and Obey. He is counting to ten and a little beyond. He knows the alphabet and can identify a few letters. He made lots of fun crafts at MDO this year. We love having his projects all over the house.
We work on scripture memory off and on. Some of the verses he knows fairly well are:
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
James 1:19 "..Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry"
Galations 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Aubrey still loves to read. He enjoys going to the library to read books and picking out some to take home. We still read before nap and bed time. At night, we have added telling a story before bed. It typically is a story of a "little boy" who usually has some crazy adventure or fixes something! Aubrey loves to "fix" things or help Daddy fix something.
His little imagination has really developed this year. He will play alone now (when bored or forced to) and I love to hear him dreaming up ideas while he plays with his firetrucks or cars. He is also into superheros. We don't let him read or watch the classic superheros yet since there are "bad guys" and he will wake up in the middle of the night scared that a bad guy is after him. So, he watches The Incredible Vegetables and Toy Story. I think Woody may be considered a superhero to him too. ;)
Aubs still enjoys music. We play the piano but he likes to use a certain book (an old book from when I took piano lessons) that has pictures. He does well of playing the piano with his fingers. He also enjoys his guitars and "-monica" (harmonica).
Aubrey has enjoyed doing "big boy" things with Daddy like going to the golf course and going to breakfast on Saturday mornings.
![]() |
| Where'd all the pancakes go?! |
Another big thing that happened this year.....
Aubs is a big brother! And a great one too!
This dude is to cool for school!
![]() |
| Oh the faces..... |
Happy Birthday Aubrey! We love you and your fun, active self! You always make us laugh with your funny sayings!






















No comments:
Post a Comment