This past month Kate has had lots of firsts. She has adjusted really well to the new house and loves her new room! (Along with her brothers.) She loves looking out of her window and putting her hand on the window (I like to think she's waving).
She got to try out the pool for the first time and LOVED it. She kicked and splashed like she was about to take off.
Kate made her first trip to Ruston for Aunt Phoebe's graduation. Aubrey and Kate had fun lap surfing during the ceremony.
Kate enjoys talking just like her brother did at this age. She babbles a lot and the new sound she started making this month: Bah! We were leaving our annual Memorial Day family reunion and she started saying bye-bye on cue!
Still no teeth. Lots and lots of drool and finger chewing. This girl can eat. She likes cereal, fruit, avocados...just about everything I've given her...except spinach. We have to keep a close eye on her when she eats because she will eat anything given to her. Not so good when brother wants to share his food! She is still taking four bottles a day but doesn't always finish them if she eats well at meals. Since she is sitting up so well, she is now in a high chair! We booted brother encouraged Aubrey to sit in a chair like a big boy so Kate could use his seat. :)
 |
| Eating is serious business! |
She LOVES people and throws out her big grin to anyone who will flash one back at her. She loves being around other kids.
 |
| At a crawfish boil with some friends, Kate hung out inside since it was cool outside. |
Kate is moving around really well. I have to watch her close since she moves so fast. She can get into things much quicker! She is wearing 9 months clothes now and size 3 diaper. Not sure how much she weighs but she is getting heavier for sure! Kate is taking two naps a day now.
 |
| Still a roly poly. |
 |
| Always follow the drool trail to find Kate these days! |
Another thing Kate started this month was standing on her feet...sort of. She would lean on toys or windows and stand on her feet.
Having two kiddos make me feel frazzled most some of the time between one crying and needing a diaper changed while the other is whining and crying for some more milk or a snack (or lately it's one needing help to go potty). But, everyday there is a moment, or two, that just melts my heart and it helps the times when I feel my heart getting hard. Here are some of those moments that I have actually been able to capture on camera.
 |
| Aubrey running in to greet Kate when she woke up from her nap. "Hi Kate!" |
 |
| One of the few times Aubrey has asked to hold Kate. It only lasts a few seconds... |
 |
| A sweet moment of him letting her play with his firetruck ladder. |
 |
| It was a GOOD morning... can't you tell by their faces!? |
 |
| Enjoying the jumpy seat. |
 |
| Big brother kinda wishes he could still play in the jumpy seat! |
I received a hand-me-down outfit from my sister of a firetruck outfit. Kate wore it once so I shot some pics of her with brother's firetruck while he was napping (shh...don't tell or he would be furious! he doesn't like for his toys to get "wet" (aka drooled on) from Kate). I gave my dad a framed picture for Father's Day. I wanted to share some of the "bloopers".
 |
| Kate has been active from the beginning and this has been one of her signature poses...downward dog. |
 |
| Plank pose... |
 |
| The football stance was a new one... |
 |
| Just liked the look on her face in this one... |
 |
| "I want to chew on that tire so bad...!" |
 |
| The ladder tasted better I guess. |
I know there are WAY to many photos in this post already but I have to add just one more...me and my sweet girl on Mother's Day!
Kate brings so much joy and sweetness to our family. She is such a blessing!!
1 comment:
Love the last pic of you and Kate!! You look GREAT!
Post a Comment