I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that my baby is six months old and is starting to crawl!
Since Kate has built up enough muscle to hold her head up and roll, she has not stopped moving. I don't know why this surprised me at first because she was the exact same in the womb! No wonder her umbilical cord was in a knot! (I know, I have not posted her birth story yet but one day I will. It's been in editing since she was a month old) So, yes, she is a mover/roller/planker/scooter/army crawler,etc. and we sing, "she likes to move it, move it" to her daily. I have had to learn how to put her diaper on, as well as dress her, while she is on her stomach because she will not lay on her back for either.
| Kate's sky diving/superman pose that she does most of the time while on her tummy |
![]() |
| Hey, what's that. |
![]() |
Aubrey and Kate are still playing well together. He calms her down like no one else can. He just has to walk into a room and she stops what she is doing to focus on him, usually with a big smile. Melts my heart every time. I pray they stay good friends. I caught Aubs sharing his toys with Kate again. He thought she wanted to check out his fire truck. He helped her push the button to make the sirens sound and the lights flash.
Two seconds after this picture was taken, he drove the truck over the hanging bar attached to the bouncy seat and accidentally dropped the truck on her head. And the sweet moment was over just like that! ;)
| Aubrey did not want to sit next to Kate to take a picture. |
"Kay Kay", as I sometimes call her, has quite the personality. The loud shrills and squeals are much different than I'm used to. She is babbling more and more and hardly stops while she is awake. She has started waking up in the morning and talking. I love listening to her in the morning through the monitor.
Her new favorite game is peek-a-boo. Playing peek-a-boo with daddy and just watching Aubrey do his thing brings out the cutest giggles and chuckles I've ever heard. She loves to be around people and has adjusted well when Seth and I leave. She will now take a bottle from other people without hesitation.
Speaking of meal time, she still does not like baby food. It immediately gets pushed out of her mouth. She has started spitting up more lately so my new fashion statement has been wearing spit up on my arms and shoulders.
Somebody found her feet. She loves to hold onto her feet and kick her legs in and out.
Starting to sit up while propped with her arms.
The last feeding of the night is really good for snuggle time (usually around 7 or 8). She is so sleepy and we love waking her up (if she doesn't wake up to eat which is usually the case) to see her sleepy smile.
I'd like to close with Mom Moment #245: One morning I was preparing Kate's bottle. This includes putting a large (Cane's) cup of water in the microwave for two minutes in order to heat up the bottle. When the buzzer sounded that the microwave was finished, I reached in to grab a large can of baby FORMULA! Yes, the can was metal but, no, it did not spark or do anything to signal what an idiot I was! ha And wouldn't you know, it was a full can of formula. (hits hand on forehead)
Yes, I threw it away...who knows what kind of poison I turned that formula into.
The end.








No comments:
Post a Comment