Thursday, April 25, 2013

Easter 2013

We had a lovely Easter this year even though the weather was rainy. The sun managed to come out and bring beautiful weather after the rain. It's such a picture of the gospel! Our lives are dark and gloomy without the hope and light of Jesus. We talked about Jesus' life, death and resurrection with Aubrey all week and discussed the reason Jesus came to Earth. He is really starting to understand and retain a lot!

The weekend before Easter I took the kids, with the help of mom, to Norton Art Gallery for our annual Easter photo shoot. This two year old does NOT like his picture taken. I knew I would have to get creative to get even one good frame worthy photo. There were lots of "mean faces" or "rawrr" pictures captured but I did get some smiles to come out of this little guy. I brought some things to make it a little more fun.....
Oh look, bark.
Cool, I pulled it off.
Let's see how far I can throw it...

Blowing bubbles

Aubrey did not want to sit  next to Kate and take a picture with her. I did manage to get a few shots as he sat by her for a minute.

At one point, Aubrey got upset so I just let him walk off some steam while we tried to get some shots of Kate. It actually turned out well since he went to pout on the rock in the background. This is Kate's sky diving pose that she can be found in most of the time while on the ground. 


We went to an Easter egg hunt at the golf course with our friends and neighbors, the Montgomery's. We weren't sure if it was going to happen since it had been raining and storming all morning but it stopped raining right as it was supposed to start. It was a muddy egg hunt! I didn't get very good shots since I was holding Kate but Aubs and Eva didn't stop running the entire time. They were so sweet finding eggs for each other.




Aubrey opening his Easter basket.




On Easter Sunday, we went to church and then had lunch at mom and dad's house with my sister and her family. We enjoyed a great meal and then had another muddy egg hunt.




 Aubrey and Juliana's baskets didn't get very full because they would find the eggs, immediately open them, and throw the eggs back on the ground if there wasn't anything side. 


 Ella was able to rack up on eggs since she wasn't concerned with the prize inside. 
Oh well, I guess they got over the empty eggs. 



It has been crazy at our house lately since we put our house on the market the week before Easter. We actually accepted an offer the same week and started a hunt for a new house (in Shreveport). Every thing has happened so fast and we are about to close on both, new and old, houses almost a month after we started the process. We have bathed the whole process in prayer trusting God to show us the way and His will in all of this. We have mixed feelings about leaving our home since we LOVE it and don't really want to leave our good friends next door to us. But, we are looking forward to settling into our new house and making memories as we make it our new home!

No comments: