My awesome husband works really hard and last year he won a trip through a company he works with! So proud of him and thankful for his job! We had the opportunity to choose from six destinations and we chose Cabo san Lucus, Mexico because we love the beach and Mexico. This was our first trip to Cabo.
| I wouldn't recommend the resort. Cabo, yes. Resort, no. |
| View from our room/balcony |
We enjoyed staying at an all-inclusive resort but it was pretty crowded since it was spring break season. We got over it by looking at this beautiful view everyday!!
We also saw many boats coming and going from the marina nearby. Check out that mega yacht. There was one even larger one day but I wasn't able to get a picture of it.
I forgot to mention that some of our friends went to Cabo with us! Seth and Jay work together and Jay also won a trip! We know Jay and his wife, Katie, from Tech so we were excited to enjoy this vacation with friends!
We saw some awesome waves. I've never seen such powerful waves. To bad they weren't surfing waves because we all wanted to give it a try.
We intended to go deep sea fishing one day but after I learned that would have included riding 30 miles off the coast, I decided that was WAY to far. Seth and Jay planned a trip but had to back out last minute. Instead of going deep sea fishing, we rented wave runners to ride over to the rocks and see them up close. We were able to view the mega yacht, WHALES, and sea lions. I wish I had my camera SO bad! It was amazing!! I was so thankful that we got to experience this instead of fishing. Way cooler to ride around with the whales than get sick on a boat!
Since the fishing trip got cut at 5am, we were up early enough to see the sunrise! We always say we want to see the sunrise when we are at the beach but who really wants to sacrifice sleeping in to get up early enough for it?! ....not me. So, we made the most of the early morning and watched the sun come up from our balcony. It was beautiful.
Fun fact: Mexicans like Duck Dynasty too! They had it in Spanish....not just subtitles! Think it's funny to watch in English? Try watching it in Spanish! HA.
Other activities we enjoyed while there included massages, laying out/napping by the pool, and eating! They had the best pico de gallo and guacamole I've ever tasted. That was my poolside snack everyday. I want some right now! So. good.
I got seriously burnt after the first two hours of laying out THE FIRST DAY! ugh...stinks being pale white. Those rays are INTENSE and I guess our sunscreen wasn't cutting it. So, I wasn't able to fully enjoy laying out every day after that. But, we did come back with some color!
We were thankful for time away but we were seriously missing the kiddos. So thankful for Seth's parents and grandparents who watched them for us while we were gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment