Sunday, March 3, 2013

5 months....already?!

I can hardly believe I am writing Kate's five month update. Time seems to be going by SO fast. Faster than when Aubrey was a baby. 

 Aubrey loves Kate. He likes to "talk" to her. He tells us "this is how you talk to Kate, goo goo gah gah." ;) Kate loves to "talk" these days but it is more of a squeal or gurgle or babble. I love hearing her "talk". At times, it's hard to decide if she is talking really loud or upset about something! 
Kate is wanting to sit up. We have put her in the Bumbo seat a few times. She seems to like it a little bit more than Aubrey did.

 We left Kate with our babysitter one Wednesday night while Seth and I went to community group. I was a little nervous about leaving them since both kids were still awake but the sitter sent me this and it made me feel much better.
 Poor Kate has had to get used to catching naps when she can. It seems we are always running somewhere when it should be nap time. Thankfully, she adapts well and will catch up on her sleep at night if she doesn't get good naps during the day. Kate is ALmost sleeping through the night. She is still waking up at 4:30 most mornings but sometimes I go in to give her the paci or I just let her figure things out. She has started waking up around 6 and "talking" (which I love to hear on the monitor...just wish it wasn't that early in the morning) too.


Baby girl and big brother hanging out together. 
I believe Kate has started teething. She loves to chew on things, especially her Sophie. 



Kate is a mover!! She LOVES to roll and it scares me! I need to start changing her diaper on the floor because I'm afraid she will roll off the changing table soon. She is a determined little girl too. I will put toys around her on the blanket and she will find a way to get them. She lunged at one the other day. Won't be long and she will be chasing Aubrey and Shelby around the house.



We attempted to feed Kate rice cereal the end of this month. I am still having a hard time accepting the fact that she is old enough for this. Seth was excited and couldn't wait to get her eating "food". 
As you can see from the pictures, she wasn't impressed and just pushed it all out of her mouth. 
 Kate loves her hands and is using them to pick things up and swat at things. 
Here are a few pics from her 5 month photo shoot.
 This is the smile she gives out to most people who stop to say hello. She loves people but doesn't want to be away from mama for to long. She actually started staying in the nursery at BSF this month. She has done better than I thought she would (but still won't take a bottle from anyone other than me or Seth) !


No comments: