We started celebrating back before Thanksgiving when Scott, Seth's brother, was in for a visit. We were able to snap a family picture which is VERY hard to do these days with everyone living in different places and a toddler who only knows how to make a mean face when you say, "Smile for the camera!". We were able to get one or two smiles out of him for the picture below.
The Thomas siblings exchanged gifts and celebrated Scott's birthday. One night we played a new game (or new to me) Headbandz. It was really fun and silly.
If you can't tell by the pictures, we had a blast playing this game and I would recommend you try it if you get the chance!
Our church puts on an awesome Christmas production every year. One of the highlights of the show each year is the live nativity put on by the toddlers. Seth and I have always enjoyed seeing which kid would do something memorable. Well, this year Aubrey was old enough to participate so we were excited for him to take part. He has enjoyed performing lately so we thought he would really enjoy it.
He got an animal part along with some of his good friends (picture below was at practice).
When it was time for his debut, the donkey almost got stage fright but he made it up on stage. He got booted off the hay bale so poor donkey had no where to sit next to his friends. So, he did like any donkey would do and moped around the stable. He saw the trough the angels were singing to and went to say hi to Baby Jesus...only he threw around the hay Baby Jesus was lying in (and I'm sure made some mean faces while doing it). Everyone thought it was funny that the donkey attacked Baby Jesus.
Kate enjoyed the program snuggled up with the family.
The attack donkey. Love him!
Aubrey had fun helping Dad pick out the tree this year. Found the perfect one!
Now, load 'er up!
Kate helped a little too.
Once we got all the decorations out, Aubrey found some Christmas hats. I was surprised how much he enjoyed playing with it and wearing it!
He even got Dad to wear one!
And he made sure to wear it to school!
One evening we went to see the KCS Holiday Express train with our friends and neighbors, the Montgomery's. Aubrey and Eva had fun seeing the lights and train. (The line was hours long so we just acted like walking around the train was all there was to do so the kids wouldn't be bummed about not going inside to see Santa. We will wait until next year, maybe...)
One morning we had some friends over to make gingerbread houses. It was so much fun!
My good friend, Valerie, and her family came. This was the first time Kate and Claire met. They are going to be good buddies one day!
I assembled the graham cracker houses before everyone arrived using this recipe.
The boys enjoyed decorating the houses...but really they LOVED all the candy that was out!
Aubrey was taking in candy by the handfuls! I think he put more in his mouth than on the house! No lie!
My other good childhood friend, Jessica, and her new husband, Josh, were able to come too! We all love getting together every month or so since we live in different areas of town and don't get to see each other much.
The Ashby's finished gingerbread house! I love the icicles and lawn features Josh A. did.
Josh and Jessica's (not finished) house. There house was a masterpiece when they got done. Josh is from up north and I think he had done this a few times before.
Our finished house!
Aubrey and Carter enjoyed playing pirates, cowboys and firefighters together!
Aubrey, Kate and I went to a Christmas play date where we decorated these trees. I was glad we had these to add to our Christmas decor!
One Monday (the day our trash comes) before Christmas, Aubrey and I packaged up some pumpkin muffins we made and gave them to our garbage men.
We talked a lot about giving, or "sharing" as Aubrey says, during the Christmas season. He loved "sharing" his muffins with these men. It was such a cool feeling to see this man light up when we said the package was for him! I hope they know how exciting they make Mondays for a toddler!










No comments:
Post a Comment