So it's been a while since I've done a post just on Aubrey. He is really growing into a fun little boy.
He went through a period in the fall where he didn't want to be friendly and would greet people with a scowl or his "mean face" as we call it. When he would approach kids on the playground at the park, he would say, "what are you doing?" with his mean face on. Many people thought it was funny so it was somewhat encouraged but we had to have several discussions and practice sessions on how we should greet people...Use our happy face and say hi! He has been better with this and now saves his mean face for times when he really is not happy.
Aubrey is so fun to listen to. He repeats so much of what Seth and I say or what he hears on tv. Some of the things he says frequently are:
"That's dangerous. Good as new. There's an emergency! Full speed ahead! That's a great idea!"
We enjoy making music together. Some days we will play the piano but lately he has enjoyed giving concerts! Aubrey has had a toy guitar since he was a newborn and still enjoys playing one! I guess one day we will have to get him actual lessons (if he is still interested). Here is one of his concerts for your viewing pleasure!
Aubrey is loves spending time with his Dad. One of his favorite things is going to the golf course! We have a mini club Seth got cut to his size so he enjoys being just like Dad!
Aubrey is a sweet little brother. He loves his Kate. He is always so sweet with her and done really well with the changes in our family the last few months. I pray they have a great friendship!
![]() |
This is our Christmas card picture this year (above). I saw the idea on Pinterest and thought I would attempt it. Well, this was THE one and ONLY shot I took!
Aubrey's imagination has really developed the last few months. He has begun to play by himself (for a little while)!! It is fun to hear what he dreams up.
This was a bag full of toys at Momsicle's house. I noticed that he sorted them all out according to type of toy. Notice the cars and animals/chipmunks. He is always particular in organizing or arranging his things-lining up his shoes/cars, placement of his food/cup, etc.
Aubrey playing house at Mom- and Popsicle's house. Remember playing with that old house?! It still looks good as new! Shelby and Aubrey have really grown to enjoy each other. They do tend to get on each others nerves at times (like when Shelby retrieves his golf balls or baseballs when he is practicing his swing or Aubrey attacks Shelby with his sword!). Just like brother and sister!
Aubrey is learning so much right now. I am so thankful for his MDO program and all they do to create a learning environment. He comes home singing songs I have never heard him sing and recognizing things I have never talked to him about. It's so cool and fun to see. Seth and I have started encouraging the new things he is learning like the days of the week, numbers, letters, and weather.
We often hear from people, "he is all boy" and it is so true! Aubrey loves all things boy-balls, pirates, bikes, trucks, nocking things down, tractors/construction equipment, being loud and fixing things with his tools!
We are enjoying this fun and often challenging stage. I am soaking up the time at home with him while he still likes to cuddle with momma and asks me to play with him because I'm sure it won't last long!









No comments:
Post a Comment