Aubrey has changed SO much since he turned one.
He is bigger/taller. He looks older. He is doing big boy things. He is WALKING.
Aubrey stayed with his Momsicle and Popsicle for a couple of days and when we returned he was walking a good bit and he started making a new sound. It's kind of like...a squeal/whine. Basically, he is a full blown toddler! If he wants to go one way and we are going another, he squeals. If he gets stuck in a corner or something doesn't work how he wants it to, he squeals. The baby boy is gone and is definitely a little toddler now!
With all this growth, Aubrey finally reached 20lbs! We had already switched his car seat to forward facing once he turned one but I turned it back around because the pediatrician told me the guidelines have changed. I thought this would be a hard switch because he loved being forward facing so much. I guess his new big boy seat is big enough that he can see everything and it has been fine! (I think Seth has a harder time with it than Aubrey does!)
Aubrey made a new friend this month!! His little buddy, Luke Jameson Garmon, was born June 5! I'm sure these two will get into as much trouble and be a silly as their fathers! I am so thankful for the little friends Aubrey is already blessed with. I feel that the people you grow up around have a huge influence on your life. It has been my prayer for Aubrey to have godly, encouraging friendships as he grows up.
Aubrey is going through a sleep transition right now. He sleeps from 7-6:30ish (but we don't get him up until after 7) at night and naps twice a day with the early nap being ~2 hours and the afternoon nap ~1 hour (with a lot of chatter and just resting, lately). I tried to see if he would be ready for one nap and it has not worked out well. So, most days he still gets two naps.

He is talking some but the only things we can make out are dog, banana, mama, dada. When we ask him what Shelby says he says, rrrrah. He will give you a high five, clap, and follow other simple commands. He still loves to wave! He also started mimicking things we do such as brushing his hair, talking on the phone, and putting things away.
Aubrey made a new friend this month!! His little buddy, Luke Jameson Garmon, was born June 5! I'm sure these two will get into as much trouble and be a silly as their fathers! I am so thankful for the little friends Aubrey is already blessed with. I feel that the people you grow up around have a huge influence on your life. It has been my prayer for Aubrey to have godly, encouraging friendships as he grows up.
Aubrey is going through a sleep transition right now. He sleeps from 7-6:30ish (but we don't get him up until after 7) at night and naps twice a day with the early nap being ~2 hours and the afternoon nap ~1 hour (with a lot of chatter and just resting, lately). I tried to see if he would be ready for one nap and it has not worked out well. So, most days he still gets two naps.
He is talking some but the only things we can make out are dog, banana, mama, dada. When we ask him what Shelby says he says, rrrrah. He will give you a high five, clap, and follow other simple commands. He still loves to wave! He also started mimicking things we do such as brushing his hair, talking on the phone, and putting things away.
I am really enjoying my time with him at home! I am so glad and thankful we have the opportunity for me to stay at home with him. Some of my favorite moments are:
- when I try to do some exercise while he is playing in the living room, he comes up to me and either crawls on top of me grinning ear to ear if I am doing push ups or he nestles into my lap if I am sitting Indian style to cuddle
- he sometimes will come up to me and just lay his head on my lap
- him dancing to music (if you haven't seen the video posted on FB on Seth's wall, you have to check it out!)
- Aubrey loves to play on our bed (we have a king size so there is lots of room) and he will just fall over or roll over giggling or squealing the whole time
- walks in the neighborhood and to the park
2 comments:
he is HUGE. i cant get over it. I miss him and yall. Tell Seth i think he is funny too! :) come visit us in Lubbock!
Hey Kristen! Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm glad to find yours too! Your little one is absolutely adorable!!! Are ya'll still in Shreveport?
Post a Comment