Well, life as we know it has changed for good! We have been adjusting to parenthood and enjoying our sweet little boy. We are learning to get sleep in 3 hour increments, change diapers without getting peed on, keep him in a tight swaddle (he always breaks out when I swaddle him but Seth gets him snug every time), pack a diaper bag for outings, keep Mylicon close by, and breast feed!
Aubrey is a good sleeper. He knows when it is night time and will sleep 3-4 hours at a time. He is most awake in the mornings and evenings.
He is growing more and more every day! He is beginning to fill out but he is still in newborn clothes.
Shelby has been uninterested in Aubrey. She will come sniff him and walk away. She does not act attention deprived except when she doesn't get a walk. I think when he is more interactive she will like him more.
We are beginning to get the hang of our new lifestyle. Seth has been great to encourage me to get out of the house most days. It usually involves a walk or a trip to Target. I even made it to church a few times. When Aubrey was 4 weeks, we decided to involve him into one of our routines, going to church! We kept him in his carseat the whole time but this was his outfit for his first public outing.
It is amazing how life can change so drastically. Last June, we were praying for a job for Seth and wondering what the future was going to look like. I figured it would be a while before we could even begin to think about starting a family. God has done some amazing things in our lives this past year. With all that we have been through, I feel he was preparing us for parenthood. He has a plan and it all works for our good!
5 comments:
Girl you sound like you are doing so great! Im so excited for you guys!
Our dogs run from Audrie now, because she pulls their ears and skin! :)
He is precious Kristen
love the new pictures!
Awwww, he's ADORABLE! You sound like yall are adjusting quite well. Isn't it amazing how rested you can feel when you finally get 3 hours of sleep :)
Sleep deprivation is the one thing I'm not looking forward to again, but it will pass in the blink of an eye :)
Love you guys and next time I'm in Shreve I'm coming to hold that precious boy!
Such a handsome baby boy! And hun, Target is my MOST favorite place to go for an outing...my how life has changed, right?! It's amazing how refreshing it can be just to get a change of scenery sometimes.
Glad you guys are doing well, and thanks for the update! The pictures are so sweet.
Post a Comment