Seth 'Aubrey' Thomas, Jr. has arrived! It was an unexpected arrival that went better than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Jesus!
It all started Friday night. We enjoyed Johnny's pizza at our house with some friends from community group. I was anxious to get out of the house since I had been "resting and relaxing" at home all day. We went just up the street to our friend's house, Jordan and Britney Smith , to hang out. When we arrived, Britney just so happened to make a comment about how she wanted my water to break so that I would go into labor. We just sort of laughed and I said, "yeah that would be nice!" (and hoping in my head that at some point my water would break). Well, as Brtiney and I sat on the couch and chatted about labor and baby stuff, I felt the need to excuse myself to the restroom because I felt as though I could have wet my pants (you know, pregnant women are supposed to have weak bladder control..not that I did..but that is what I was thinking at the time). I then realized that my jeans were soiled and once I had emptied my bladder, there was still fluid trickling out. Hmm... Could it be?!!?
I came out of the bathroom not knowing exactly how to say it..."Umm, I think..no, I'm pretty sure, my water broke." They all just sort of smiled and laughed like "really?". I tried to explain myself and then tell Seth, "It's time to go...go to the hospital". He was like, "nah...you're good. You don't even feel any contractions!" At this point, I'm running back to the bathroom because even more is coming out. Seth eventually called the on-call Dr. who told him we definitely need to go to the hospital if we think my water broke. (Seth still did not believe the baby was on his way!)
So, on to the hospital we went. It wasn't until the nurse confirmed that my water had indeed broken that Seth was convinced Aubrey was about to make his arrival. We called the families and sent out the texts! A baby was on the way!!
At 3AM, I got the epidural. 4:30, I called him, the Dr., back because I could still feel one spot in my lower abdomen. They were scheduled to start Pitocin at 5AM if I had not progressed enough but they held off because I was still uncomfortable with the labor (Pitocin would have made the labor pain worse). At 6, they checked me and it was TIME! My Dr. arrived and we pushed him out in 11 minutes! I felt enough in my legs and abdomen to push with the contractions but I could not feel anything. Praise the Lord!
Our families were there immediately after to celebrate with us! It was an amazing time!
5 comments:
yay! Congratulations! I love reading birth stories! :)
YES, that is a labor story to be thankful for! My epidural didn't cover my whole body, so I feel ya...but I had the pitocin too...not so lovely! What a great story! I can see Jordan and Britney loving being part of the action.
And, Aubrey is ADORABLE!!! I just showed him to Stan, and he said: "Now, that's a good looking baby. And, I don't say that about many babies." ha LOVE his red hair! Glad to hear things are going well!
Love you!
Aubrey is precious! Congrats you two!
Yay...what a perfect labor! Crazy sidenote: I had Johnny's pizza too right before mine!!!
Wow, sounds like I need to eat Johnny's when I'm ready to have this baby :)
Kristen,
That's an Awesome story! So glad that everything went smoothly too! Be thankful you didn't have to get the pitocin...it is Rough! :)
Aubrey is so Handsome and it looks like you did get that cute little red-head!!! So happy for you guys! Hope you are getting as much rest as possible!
Much Love
Carey
Post a Comment