Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rest and Relaxation

I am now 37 weeks. At 36 weeks, I was put on "rest and relaxation" due to my blood pressure getting high (I'm not calling it bed rest anymore because I was NOT told to lay in the bed and not get up). My doctor immediately said I could not work any longer and wanted to prevent preeclampsia and get this baby to 38 weeks. Some good news...I was dilated 2cm and 30% effaced!

So, I went home, propped my feet up, and napped whenever I wanted (I really enjoyed that as I have been pretty tired from not sleeping at night and lots of pressure/pain when walking). When I went back to the doctor three days later, I had lost 5 lbs (of fluid) and my blood pressure was down. I still had signs of high blood pressure but the rest and relaxation was working. Seth was bummed that we were not coming home with a baby but we were reassured that we would have a baby to bring home somewhere between May 5 and 12 (The doc does not want him to go beyond 39 weeks).

We have had some sweet friends cook for us and bring us food. My mom has been cleaning my house for us. I get out of the house maybe once a day. I think another week and I may go crazy. So, I'm praying for him to come this week. Hopefully not on my birthday.

Here are some updated pictures of the nursery! We are ready for him whenever he is!

Seth's grandmother and grandfather helped make the nautical flags. His grandfather was in the Navy. In sailing, there is a flag to represent each letter of the alphabet. The flags here spell "Seth Thomas".


We will be posting pictures of Little Seth as soon as he is here!!

5 comments:

The Lords said...

Kristen, the room looks great! Makes me want to re-do Harrison's room:)

Praying for health, safety, rest and patientce for all three of you until little Seth makes his arrival...and beyond!

Harrison decided to make his arrival the day after my birthday and it's pretty fun to celebrate our birthdays together!

Margie said...

it looks sooooo good!

Carey said...

Wow, the room looks Awesome! The flags are so neat and I love how the whole family helped out! That will mean so much to him!
Praying for a healthy & speedy delivery :)

Lindsey Walpole said...

Kristen! Your nursery is super precious! Cant wait to see pics of little Seth!

lindsey said...

I am so glad you are doing well, Kristen! And, I am a big fan of his adorable room, too!! The flags are amazing! Crazy to think that your next post could be pictures of that sweet little boy!

Love you and praying for you guys!