Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

After my last post, I realized that I never posted about Halloween so here goes.....

I asked Aubrey what he wanted to dress up as for Halloween and his answer was the same as last year...a fireman! Well, that's easy! We made a few changes to his costume from last year thanks to the upgraded flashing siren helmet, coveralls and boots!

Aubrey's school had a costume party for his class. All the kids looked so cute in their costumes! There was one other fireman in Ms. Poleman's class (the other 3 yr old class). It's the same little boy that Aubrey often plays "fireman" with on the playground at school!
Aubrey and his teacher, Mrs. Blanchard
 There were several stations set up for the kids to participate in. 
 I think the one that involved eating a donut was his favorite!!
 He and his friend/classmate, Anabelle, had a hard time not using their hands

After a little craft and snack, there was story time. Aubrey was really into the story...
 He started in the very back.....
 and then decided he wanted a better view up front. I wish I be a fly on the wall to see him on a regular school day!
 It's hard to get a picture with this guy lately!
 This is as good as it gets for mom and me photos!
On actual Halloween night, we invited some friends over for dinner and trick-or-treating. It was great seeing all the kids play together and enjoy some adult time too!
 Kate loved her Dalmatian costume!

A little strawberry
A piglet
Little red riding hoods
Play time in the backyard
Strawberry Shortcake
We enjoyed some great treats that some of the guests brought.
Mom and Dad enjoyed handing out candy.
 Then, we hit the road for candy. We only went to a few houses since most of the kids were to young to actually trick-or-treat PLUS who really eats all that candy anyway?!?! mmmHHHmm..so everyone was  ok with just going to a few houses and then heading home.
Kate enjoyed her ride in the fire truck. 

We had a great time with friends and family! Maybe next year we will try another costume idea rather than fireman....? Or we can just add a fire hydrant! ;)

No comments: