Friday, August 9, 2013

4th of July

 I'm a tad late on this post but oh well. Better late than never! Aubrey went to stay with Momsicle and Popsicle for several days so Seth and I went to pick him up on the 4th of July and stayed a few days.

 There are so many fun things for a little boy to do a the grandparents house....like ride the tractor!  

 Yep, he's driving. Check out that face...
 Shelby has fun at the grandparents house too! Lots of room to run.
 Seth's mom does such a good job with her flowerbeds. It amazes me how many plants she has and keeps alive!! I love those pink things.
 Aubrey missed out on a fun play date activity with his friends while he was gone but Kate and I were able to go. We made this for him :)

 We enjoyed lots of pool time while we were there. Aubrey got some swim lessons in while he was with Momsicle. He was doing really well swimming short distances.

 He really loved the lounge floats, though. Shelby loves the pool too but poor thing can't swim! As you can see in the pictures, she just runs around the pool following us wherever we go. We have thrown her in a few times but it always results in panic and attempted escape. I know she would love to be in the pool, she's a lab for crying out loud. I need to research dog life vests or floats...
 Kate enjoyed swimming and hanging out on the porch.


 "Just keep swimming"
 On the 4th, Aubrey got to experience fire crackers for the first time...at home. 
 Unfortunately, the fire crackers were duds so we only got to see two good ones.
 He was brave and just needed to cover his ears.

 While we were there, pretty much all of the adults had a nasty cough. We all sounded pretty pathetic like we were going to hack up a lung. Kinda weird that we all had the same thing. Poor Seth, a month later, is still trying to get rid of it. Thankfully none of the kids got it.


Our little fish! He has really done well swimming this year. He has been really brave and worked hard. He still uses his floaty when we go to the pool, though. If both Seth and I are present, we let him swim without it but we don't want to take a chance of him getting too brave just yet!

We had a great 4th of July and enjoyed seeing all of our family in Lake Charles!

No comments: