Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kate is 2 months old!

The last two months have flown by...well sort of. I still can't believe we have two children and a little girl in the house now. It has been an adjustment and difficult at times (mostly from the sleep deprivation and needing two sets of hands to care for each child) but I feel like my heart has grown bigger or fuller somehow. It has been easier this time around since we know what to expect. However, it seems the time flies by and my to-do list hardly gets anything checked off.

Aubrey loves having a sister and has done really well with Kate. He is such a sweet boy always wanting to help care for her.

Kate is growing so fast. I can't believe how fast she is changing. She was actually in the 50th%tile for height at her two month check up! She is eating every three hours but will go a few extra hours between feedings in the evening before we go to bed. The last two nights she has slept 11-6ish! Praying that is a new habit! Then, we will move her to her crib. She has developed colic and usually gets uncomfortable between 4 and 6 AM...or this is when we notice it most!

It has been hard to slow down (aka rest) with two kiddos. I was forced to when I got mastitis around four weeks (ugh). But, we have been going and getting her out (very cautiously) much earlier than we did the first time. We've jumped back into church, BSF, and even grocery shopping. I think it's been good for all of us to get back into our routine though.

A few weeks ago she started smiling back at us and cooing. Loves those sweet sounds and smiles!









No comments: