Monday, June 25, 2012

Project Pimp My Shed

A few months ago, we tackled another DIY project at our house! We have had the shed out back on our list of DIY projects since we moved in. Since it is not part of the main living space, it was low on the list until I saw this post and we knew of some folks looking for work. It was a big undertaking so we were glad to hire some help to make it go quicker!

Here is a before of our shed in the backyard.
 

A hot mess! The doors looked like they would disintegrate at any moment, the "window" was just a gaping hole with a screen, and it appeared to be leaning hard to the right (see first picture).

So, we scraped as much of the old paint off as we could, repainted, replaced the old doors, fixed the trim around the window and doors, and inserted a real window (it's plexi glass but don't tell the burglars!). It took about four days of labor to complete with several helping hands (thanks to Polly, Andy, a friend of P&A, Popsicle, Momsicle, Pop Bond and Seth!).


The shed may still be leaning but at least it doesn't look like it will fall over any minute! It's probably close to 70 years old so it's holding up pretty nicely, I think.


I had to show the above picture. Seth painted the window, door frame and flower box(!) one night. He was waiting for the wood to dry out on the main door so he couldn't finish painting the entire door. I came out to see this! Our family initials. So sweet. We almost left it like this....almost.

And for the grand finale!.......drumroll, please!
(Please excuse the poor picture quality). But doesn't it look fabulous! I love the cute window box Seth made! The flowers actually still look that good. I debated on if I should add some sort of curtain so people couldn't see directly in and to add a little somethin' extra....maybe one day.

We love how it turned out and actually enjoy going into our backyard a little more now! Project pimp my shed was a success!

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

It looks awesome!! Y'all did a great job!

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Kristen,
Your shed looks amazing!! Thank you for sharing it with me. :)
We still haven't tackled our shed yet, but it might be next summer with all we have going on in our house. I love the window box on yours. Too cute!
Have a blessed day!
Traci

lindsey said...

Kristen, the shed looks awesome!!!! I'm so proud of you guys tackling such big projects!!