Saturday, September 24, 2011

What's Cookin'?

I have really been enjoying myself in the kitchen (for once in my life). Now that I have time to plan and prepare meals (with some baking for my sweet tooth), I have more of a desire to create good food to put on the dinner table for my main man and share some sweet treats with loved ones (and with the help of a few websites, cookbooks and picture tutorials I have significantly improved my cooking ability...at least that is what I gather from my husband's reactions). 
 This was a yummy Hawaiian bread that I got from this fun lady. I love making breads and hope to start making some more often. It's one food that Aubrey will not deny!
When I made the yummy bread above, I also made what we call in our house "Cowboy Sandwiches", also known as Marlboro Man's Sandwich. It was a good match up but the homemade bread was not stout enough to handle this meaty dish. This is one of our fav's! And this was one that Pioneer Woman actually shared on her show recently! 
I have a DEEP love of anything with chocolate and peanut butter in it. Well, I recently came across someone else who shares this love as well. Those cookies you see are Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies! (Yes, go make them right now. You won't be sorry!) She shares some YUMMY recipes on her website. I have since tried her peanut butter chocolate chip bars and they were pretty amazing too. 

I could go on...but first, I want to take a little poll to see if any of you would be interested in sharing recipes with me. Or me sharing recipes with you. Would you actually try them or bookmark them if I posted some from time to time? This could be fun.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

These recipes look delicious, Kristen!! I am a big Pioneer Woman fan but haven't made the sandwich...it looks soo mouthwatering good! And man, the cookies sound delish. I would love to share recipes with you and receive more from you in return! Fun! Hope y'all are doing well!

Amy Hogan said...

Yes yes yes!! I'm all about some good recipes :)