I have had the itch to.....
redo some furniture and decorative pieces!
I found this old, cheap mirror at a garage sale a few years ago for $1. I've been waiting to do something fabulous with it but haven't had any motivation to get me going.
Recently, I found this sweet blog. The lovely lady who writes this blog has encouraged her readers to hide God's Word in your heart. Each week she posts a new verse for everyone to memorize. I always need encouragement and help with this spiritual discipline so I jumped on board.


Well, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a chalkboard with my garage sale find! Each week I could write the verse on the board and hang it in a spot in our home where we would see it throughout the day. And it would be a great encouragement for guests in our home. Fabulous! I whipped out my paint, brushes, and sandpaper and got to work.
I had some chalkboard paint and chalk left over from a project I did for my niece and some white paint from past home improvement projects. It only took a few coats of each paint and then I sanded the edges.
(Excuse the sloppy handwriting)
I love how it turned out! And I'm even more excited about posting scripture up in our home to help "set our minds on things above"(Colossians 3:2)!
(Excuse the sloppy handwriting)
I love how it turned out! And I'm even more excited about posting scripture up in our home to help "set our minds on things above"(Colossians 3:2)!
1 comment:
LOVE this!!! I have been looking to do the same, but I just haven't found a good, inexpensive frame/mirror yet. I actually found one recently that I did like, but Stan said it was too ornate for me, ha...it always surprises me when these guys have opinions about home decor! ha You did such a great job! Love it!
Post a Comment