On June 3, 2006, I walked down the aisle to marry my very best friend. I know that is so cliche to say but it is true. I don't know what I would do without him. Seth Aubrey Thomas knows me better than anyone and loves me anyway!
We have had so much fun being married these last 5 years. Many people told us how hard it would be (especially the first year) but we didn't understand why they were saying that because we enjoyed it so much!
We traveled, spent late nights doing stupid stuff with friends like rolling our preacher, and had our dream jobs. Life was grand. We were broke as a joke starting out but it didn't last long. We were "living off of love" as some might say.
A good friend of ours, Ms. Linda Osborne who did our marriage counseling, gave us the idea to start a tradition and take an anniversary picture holding up how many years we had been married. We have done good so far. It's neat to look back and think about where we were at that point in our lives.
1st year-living off of love; 2nd year-living it up; 3rd year-loss of a job but not our hope; 4th year-new bundle of joy and cuteness; 5th year-we made it!
This past year has been by far the hardest year for us yet. (Maybe this was what everyone was warning us about?) We have had many ups (with the birth of our first baby whom we love like crazy) and downs. Seth and I were not expecting the hard times that come with learning to be parents and a married couple at the same time. Things worked so well when it was just the two of us. Amazing how much changes when you throw a 5lb. baby in the middle! But, God has taught me SO much this year and I feel closer to Him than I ever have. It is only by His grace and mercy that I have made it to this 5th year! Just being honest!
Seth, I am SO thankful for you. You are such a great leader of our family, father to our son and manager of the money! You make me laugh and smile every day. It is so fun to be married to you and at times I still can't believe you picked me! We have made so many awesome memories this far and I am looking forward to the awesome plans the Lord has for us in the future.


2 comments:
Love you guys! Can't believe its been FFIVE years! Crazy!
Happy (belated) 5 year anniversary! Just stumbled upon your blog. :) Too cute and your family is beautiful!
Post a Comment