Friday, May 13, 2011

Aubrey's 1st birthday!


We had so much fun celebrating Aubrey's 1st birthday with family and a few friends. I have now exhausted the nautical theme! haha

I enjoyed planning for the party. Since I was planning on a tight budget, I strategically bought things I needed on sale...mostly at Hobby Lobby (I love that store!).  The sailboat candle holder was from a consignment sale and the cakes were made by Seth's sister, Phoebe.
The food table-before the food was served! We enjoyed hot dogs, chili cheese dip, BBQ beans, chips and goldfish.

 
 The bib was made by a good friend at a baby shower before Aubrey was even born! I made the banners from scrapbook paper on sale at HL! The letters used in the birthday banner were from HL and I hope to reuse those for future birthday parties.
 I saw an idea for a cardboard sailboat here. Well with that idea, Seth's parents created this pimped out sailboat! I was so impressed and Aubrey LOVED it! 
All aboard the SS Aubrey!
The nautical flag banner was the one Seth's grandparent's, Mom and Pop Bond, made for Aubrey's room. See it here. It looked great on the deck. The drink table got washed out but there is another banner above it that says "Seth" that another friend of the family made.  

I made a timeline of pictures for Aubrey's first year. It's still hanging in my kitchen. I don't want to take it down!
 The big boy just getting into his cake. 
 Well, turns out Aubrey is just like his Dad...he's not into sweets! He ate a little of the icing but did not eat 1/4 of the cake!


The kids enjoyed blowing bubbles and Shelby enjoyed eating them! She goes CRAZY trying to get those things.

We had a great time! Hard to believe this year has gone by so fast!

No comments: