Well, Seth and I recently took on our first DIY renovation project, though not on the scale you see on the the show. I was eager to make some changes after eyeing some ideas in blog world. Seth was not so eager. He did not like the idea of a DIY project. He consulted with his parents, who are quite knowledgeable when it comes to house projects. They were willing to bring in the tools and man power to help carry out my ideas. Needless to say, I was pumped that he gave in!
I really like the board and batten look and since we live in a 1940s Craftsman style home, I figured it would add to the character of our home. After reading some tutorials online, it seemed pretty easy and cheap. Just nail some boards and molding on the wall and you get tons of character.
Well, there were the little steps in between that took the most time but made the finished product look so much more clean and polished. The Thomas' knew exactly what they were doing and helped out tremendously since I was not much help.
So without further ado...the before and after pictures!
Before
After
We were shocked at the outcome. It turned out better than we had imagined. Seth was very impressed with himself and I think this project may lead to more (small) projects in the future! Yay for me as I have several more ideas and I am often thinking of more.
I would add links to where the ideas came from but I am kinda ignorant when it comes to blog world. I am still learning how this thing works.
2 comments:
Oh WOW, Kristen! This is beautiful! What an amazing transformation. I wish I was brave enough to take on a project like that! Great job!
Kristen this looks amazing! I am very impressed! Ya'll did a great job!
Post a Comment