Holidays are becoming more fun as Aubrey has a better understanding about what it means to celebrate! We celebrated his birthday by decorating his doorway with streamers and balloons. He gets up before us so he came in our room saying, "Mom, there was a bunch of stuff outside my door. I just crawled underneath it." Haha. I had to remind him it was his birthday and it was all to celebrate him!
Of course we had pancakes for breakfast with sprinkles and candles!
After chapel, the class had a small celebration for Aubrey. We brought cake balls (as requested by Aubrey) for snack. I heard the kids really enjoyed them.
I like that you can see Aubrey's two buddies in this picture-Mac to the right and Landon to the left.
For his party, we celebrated at Jill's Gymnastics. It was a blast!
I asked Aubrey what kind of party he wanted and he said, "a superhero Spiderman party!" Perfect! So, the kids practiced their superhero moves at the gym!
Even the little ones enjoyed running and bouncing around.
The foam pit was a favorite...
We were looking forward to celebrating his birthday at school this year. For his birthday, Aubrey was the line leader for the day and got to be recognized on stage during chapel. (Side story: Seth took Aubrey and Kate to school early and I was going to meet them for chapel. Well, birthday boy put my keys in his school bag and took them with him so I did not have any keys to get to school! I missed the birthday celebration! Oh well. Dad did good documenting the celebration! )
After chapel, the class had a small celebration for Aubrey. We brought cake balls (as requested by Aubrey) for snack. I heard the kids really enjoyed them.
I like that you can see Aubrey's two buddies in this picture-Mac to the right and Landon to the left.
For his party, we celebrated at Jill's Gymnastics. It was a blast!
I asked Aubrey what kind of party he wanted and he said, "a superhero Spiderman party!" Perfect! So, the kids practiced their superhero moves at the gym!
Even the little ones enjoyed running and bouncing around.
The foam pit was a favorite...
especially with Mr. Jared tossing people around!
After all the "superhero practice", the kids enjoyed pizza, fruit cups, iccees, and cake!
What a fun time we had celebrating Aubrey! Hard to believe he is four!! He is such a fun kid who enjoys school, BSF, superheros, all things fire fighting, talking, making people laugh, swimming, going to the library/reading, building forts, cuddling and golfing. He is a rule or routine follower, an excellent big brother, and is often described as "all boy".
Even the adults had fun!
A semi-group shot of the kiddos
One of his big gifts this year was a big boy bike!








No comments:
Post a Comment