Sunday, July 22, 2012

Aubrey at 2 years 2 months

Aubrey loves his daddy

His vocabulary keeps growing daily. He asks, "what's that?" and then when we tell him, he repeats it over and over. He remembers a lot now. Things he has learned at school or with the grandmothers have  come up randomly. I am often surprised when I start to sing a kids song and he chimes in when I think he has never heard it before. Another favorite saying he uses often but does not use appropriately is, "why not?!" while holding his hands up and tilting his head to the side.

He likes to cuddle. One day, he kept asking to cuddle over and over again. I didn't complain. We have some sweet cuddle time after he wakes up from his nap every afternoon. For some reason, he has been waking up crying and upset every day. He usually isn't fully awake so we just sit on the floor and he lays on me.

He loves to perform. He loves to make people laugh or smile so whatever behavior he is doing at the time (singing, talking, being silly) he will turn the charm on MAX. One weekend, we had a neighborhood block party on our street. We enjoyed good food, good music and fun times with our neighbors. Just check out his moves. 
Aubrey enjoyed the roasted corn as much as his mama!





He tried cereal with milk for the first time! While we were at the beach, we had some varieties of cereal that we don't usually buy at our house. One of those was chocolate Rice Crispies! I admit...I gave it to him. When he realized the cereal turned the milk into chocolate milk, he picked up his bowl and drank the milk! As a cereal lover, I was pretty pumped to see that he could actually eat the cereal without making a huge mess and drink his milk too! 




We have been enjoying the pool this summer. We spent the evening at the pool on July 4 with some friends. Aubrey's favorite part of the pool....ice cream!


I am amazed at how big my little boy is! Every day I feel like he is bigger than the day before. He is becoming independent and loves to help his mommy and daddy. 

Aubrey has realized that he needs to be careful around my belly because "Kate in der". He will lift my shirt and touch my belly. Sometimes he will kiss it or say "hi Kate" and wave. He is going to love being a big brother! He definitely needs and wants a playmate 24/7! 

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Ahh, look at those moves!! I love the pics of Aubrey and Seth at the beach, too...so cute the way they seem to be so alike!

Anniston often wakes up from her nap upset, too...I hate that she's upset but enjoy the cuddle time as well :).

PS: He is going to be the best big brother :).