Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fair Fun and Friends

Here in Shreveport, we host the State Fair. I was never a big fan of the fair but I did enjoy the exhibits and cinnamon rolls! Everyone has their favorite memory and that is mine! (I even made Seth go to the fair for his first experience and to get me a cinnamon roll last year.)

Since Aubrey is really into animals right now, I wanted to take him to see the real thing! We also look for any reason to get out of the house since he is climbing the walls all over the place at home.
On a beautiful day last week, we headed out with our friends Courtney and Eva.
 There was a great place for the little people with several different activities. It had a petting zoo with a pig, goats, cow, lamb and horse. He was not so interested in the goats that he could pet as he was in the big, nasty pig! (Please excuse his bedhead. Mama forgot to fix hair before heading out of the house. Sorry Aubs.)


We missed the horse our first go round with the petting zoo. But when Aubrey spotted him, it was all over. 
 You betta believe that boy was climbing the gate to get to that big guy. (who btw, was not a happy horse. I think he was done with the crowds and school kids. poor baby)
 It's close to impossible to get a good picture of children together.
We got some fair food for us the kids. We kept it tame and kid friendly and just got a corndog.
We also went to a circus show but didn't last long since Aubs can't sit still for longer than a few minutes. The animal part of the show was able to keep his attention but then it was off exploring again.

I'm not a fan of fair rides but I did get over it and ride the carousel with Aubrey. He loved riding the horse round and round and up and down. 

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Fun!! We went to our state fair last month and enjoyed a yummy corndog, too! (and watched the band perry there! yay!)

Aubrey is so so cute...glad y'all had a good time! Miss you!