I can not believe I am writing this! Has it really been 11 months since we welcomed Aubrey into this world? This baby is now more like a little boy. Warning: this is a long post..feel free to just look at the pictures! ha

We have been listening to music during the day while Aubrey is playing or eating. I like to use Pandora on my iphone and I found a children's folk station that has become one of our favorites. It plays old classics
(that I don't know the words to but I am learning!) and new fun songs from some of our favorites
(like Jack Johnson!). I have noticed Aubrey start to move to the music! He is my child! He will bounce on his knees and throw his hands in the air waving them all around. He also likes to beat on anything he gets his hands on and shake anything that will make noise.
Aubrey continues to love being outside. We take walks almost daily. The weather has been SO BEAUTIFUL lately so we have been strolling through the park and swinging. One day, Aubrey and I went to watch Aunt Phoebe and Seth play a tennis match. Aubrey saw his dad out there playing and started cheering, smiling and waving his arms! That boy LOVES his dad!
He is still standing alone but is very cautious to take steps unless he is holding onto something. (I think he has had one to many collisions with the hardwood floors and has learned to be cautious.) He will occasionally take A step.
Aubrey is clapping and signing "more". He picked up "no, no" from me since I say it so often during the day. When he is done eating, he will shake his head and say "no, no" while pushing you away. He has started pointing at things, also.
 |
Aubrey's green for his 1st St. Patrick's Day!
Aubrey has a funny new thing he does. When he wants to look at something on the floor or under something, he goes from his crawling position to laying flat on the floor (picture a superman pose). I think he started that because he was hitting his head on a few pieces of furniture (like the coffee table!) while trying to reach for things. Aubrey also loves to play peek-a-boo. He often will play it while opening and closing a door or hiding behind furniture. He usually has the biggest grin on his face when you peak around..melts my heart every time!

Aubrey still sleeps great! I was glad for the time change because he started waking up earlier. He still sleeps 7pm to 7am and has two naps a day 1-2 hours in length (depending on if there are people in the house and where we are, he is sensitive to noise).
Since I have been at home, I have the luxury of going to the grocery store during the day...when the old people are there! The old ladies love to stop and talk to Aubrey. He will smile at them and be super sweet. I love it when people get to enjoy him. He likes to flirt too! He loves all females, no matter their age!
Aubrey loves to talk and chatter! I love riding down the road and hearing him talk in the backseat. Not sure if it is talking or singing. |
No comments:
Post a Comment