Sunday, January 24, 2010

baby steps

We are making progress in the baby's room. The walls are painted thanks to Seth's parents who volunteered to help. We are really please with the result.

We ended up painting stripes along one wall. It is really subtle but looks really good. I'm glad we only did one wall though. Taping and measuring takes a while. The whole time I was praying we had the lines straight.

Sorry this picture turned out splotchy for some reason.

Not only is Seth's Mom, Mrs. Barbara, crafty but she is an artist. She painted a sailboat from the baby bedding. It turned out awesome.

Sail boats use signal flags to spell out words. We are going to have fun decorating with them in the room. Stay tuned for that! Mrs. Barb added a "T" flag to this boat. After lil' Seth gets here, we will add his birth date to the sail.

Seth put up new blinds and the crib we borrowed from my Aunt. We also found a rug that fits great in the room. Shelby approves, I think.


4 comments:

Carey said...

Love love love the sailboat! How Adorable! His room is going to be so cute!

The Albritton's said...

yay yay yay!! Get here already!

The Lords said...

Glad ya'll are having fun decorating! Love the striped wall idea and can't wait to see the completed room!

lindsey said...

I'm loving the beginnings of little Seth's room! Still can't get over how cute the nautical theme is...love it!