Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ft. Worth and the Fam

Last weekend Seth rode in a bike ride he participates in each summer. The race, Hotter than Hell, is a 100 mile bike ride in Whitchita Falls, Texas. He and Kyle did it together. They are so crazy. Seth asked Kyle to ride in it with him a week or two before the actual event. Typical. So, Kyle starts training, b/c he doesn't ride...hardly ever...but decides to ride 100 miles in one week?! I think they had to stop a few times because Kyle was struggling. He did finish, though. Just imagine if you ran occasionally and then decided to run a marathon in a week, that would be tough!

This year I decided to tag along for part of the car ride and stay in Ft. Worth with my sister. We don't make it over there to hang out as much as we would like so I was looking forward to some quality time with them (particularly my niece, Ella). My parents just so happened to be flying back into Ft. Worth from a trip, so they were in town also. We had a good time hanging out and having girl time.

Ella is now 2 and talking more and more. She is no longer a baby but a little girl! She repeats many things you say and is good at following directions. I can see my sister in her so much...it's crazy! Here is a little glimpse at how cute she is... :) Notice the cute rubber boots she is wearing!



Allie-gator is my sister's Yorkie. They are like sisters, BFF. They sleep together and Allie is always right by Ella's side wherever she goes!

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, Kristen! She is so big and SO adorable!! I think the last pics I saw of her, she was a teeny tiny baby! I love her sweet little voice :).